Submit Data to PANGAEA
Welcome to the PANGAEA data submission system. Any data from earth and life sciences are accepted. We highly appreciate you to archive and publish your data with PANGAEA.
When you start the data submission process, you will be redirected to the PANGAEA issue tracker that will assist you in providing metadata and uploading data files. Any communication with our editors will go through this issue tracker. For more details about the submission workflow see our tutorial.
Please note: All data and metadata are quality checked, harmonized, and processed for machine readability, which allows efficient and reliable re-usage of your data. Depending on the extent and complexity of your data submission the editorial process and minting of DOI names for submission not affiliated to our hosts, project partners and partners (front-offices) might therefore take up to several months. If you want to know more on how to become a front-office partner please contact us. Due to the high volume of submissions, it is unfortunately not possible to answer questions about the current processing status.
Before submitting your data you need to log in or sign up:
Benefits and Details
Benefits. Published data are fully citable and can be cross-referenced with journal articles – more...
- Long term preservation of data. PANGAEA is member of the World Data System (WDS) of the International Science Council.
- Quality assurance on metadata, such as citation, references, geo-location, and standard parameter vocabularies.
- Reliable identification and access with a DOI name for each data supplement.
- Pre-publication, password protected access to data supplements for journal editors in support to the peer-review process.
- Minimum formatting requirements from the authors.
- Direct communication with authors regarding changes to data and metadata, e.g. unit conversions, taxonomy updates.
- Open access to data in several widely accepted machine-readable formats.
- Choice of several Creative Commons licenses to allow scientific reuse.
- If you log in with your ORCID ID or add the ID to your PANGAEA user profile, authorship for your data publications is automatically assigned in ORCID.
Data preparation and quality control. We will be in direct contact with you during preparation and archiving of your data – more...
Costs. PANGAEA can be used free of charge. Nevertheless, we appreciate any possible financial support – more...
Submitting data to PANGAEA is rather easy, all you need is your data, some additional information called metadata, and the willingness to open up your data to the world. PANGAEA is a fully curated data repository, so once you take the initial step by uploading your data, experienced data curators are going to help you personally through the further submission process. If you publish and long term archive your data with PANGAEA, they will become findable, accessible, inter-operable and reusable following the FAIR principles.
If you have any questions or comments on the data submission process, please contact us.