Welcome to the PANGAEA data submission system. Any data from earth and life sciences are accepted.
We highly appreciate you archiving and publishing your data with PANGAEA.
Published data are fully citable and can be cross-referenced with journal articles
– read more...
- Long term preservation of data. PANGAEA is member of the
World Data System (WDS) of the
International Council for Science (ICSU).
- Quality assurance on metadata, such as citation, references, geo-location, and standard parameter vocabularies.
- Reliable identification and access with a DOI name for each data supplement.
- Pre-publication, password protected access to data supplements for journal editors in support to the peer-review process.
- Minimum formatting requirements from the authors.
- Direct communication with authors regarding changes to data and metadata, e.g. unit conversions, taxonomy updates.
- Open access to data in several widely accepted machine-readable formats.
- Creative Commons Attribution license
which requires that author(s) are referenced if the data are reused.
Data preparation and quality control.
We will be in direct contact with you during preparation and archiving of your data
– read more...
The PANGAEA data editorial ensures the integrity and authenticity of
your data. Data might be submitted in the authors format and will be
converted to the final import and publication format. The PANGAEA
editors will check the completeness and consistency of metadata and
data. Our editors are scientists from the earth and life sciences. We
may identify potential problems with your data (e.g. outliers).
Nevertheless, we will only take full responsibility for the technical
quality. You will be responsible for the scientific quality of your data
(e.g. the validity of used methods). After data have been archived you
will receive a DOI name and you are requested to proof-read before the final
version is published. In case your data are supplementary
to a journal article you might reference the data in the article.
In addition our web services allow for embedding data references dynamically
on the article splash page
In case there is
a moratorium on your data you can ask for access constraints.
PANGAEA can be used free of charge. Nevertheless, we appreciate any possible financial support
– read more...
PANGAEA is archiving and publishing data according to the Open Access
Model. Basic operation is covered through public funding, but we have to
seek for additional funds, in particular for preparing and archiving new
data. In case data are submitted through a project which has publication
costs as part of the funding, PANGAEA would appreciate a financial
contribution of in average 300.– € for a data submission. Other
forms/amounts of data contributions can be negotiated.
When you start the data submission process below, you will be redirected to the PANGAEA issue tracker
that will assist you in providing metadata and uploading data files. Any communication with our
editors will go through this issue tracker.
Before submitting your data you need to log in!
for a user account at PANGAEA
Further details about data submission to PANGAEA
– if you have any comments on the data submission process, please contact us.